In the Project From Stock Check Box is not Available.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Choose Projects View.
- Choose Project XYZ (XYZ represents the Project ID).
- Chose Edit -> Project Plan.
- Choose project header or project task .
- Go to the Material subtab here you can see the From Stock check box is not available.
The scoping option Project Stock consumption question is not scoped and the question Do you want to use project stock orders to source material from stock, for consumption during a project?.
The Project Stock consumption business option allow you to source material consumed within the project from stock . if you want to consume a material form stock rather than buy from an external supplier, you have to create a project stock order from a project or a project task. The item in the project stock order can be of type consumption at site , pick up or pre delivery. Depending on the item type the handling on the logistic side varies.
To verify whether the Project Stock Consumption is scoped or not kindly follow the below steps.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Choose the Overview.
- Under Business configuration search and find the Project Stock Consumption here you can see the status of the Scoping Element.
If you want to use project stock orders to source material from stock kindly follow the below steps to do the same.
1. Go to Business Configuration work center.
2. Choose the Implementation Projects view.
3. Choose Project and Choose Edit Project Scope button.
4. Go to Step 3 - Scoping -> Project Management ->Project Planning and Execution->Project Stock Consumption here choose the Check Box to scope Project Stock Consumption.
5. Go to Step 4 - Questions -> here enable the question Do you want to use project stock orders to source material from stock, for consumption during a project?.
6. Complete all the steps until Confirm to save the changes made in system.
Once you scope this option in your system when you plan the material in the From Stock option will be avilable.
KBA , error message : project stock order not , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To