Error Message: PAF Inbound Processing: System Failure
is seen in the Simulation Phase of Migration of Projects.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Show: All Configuration Elements and find the activity: Migration of Projects.
- Upload the populated migration file.
- Select the Execute Migration button and select the Execute Migration Step by Step option from the dropdown.
- Continue until the Simulation Phase.
The root cause for the error message is with the field Finish Date in the main sheet, where currently 31.12.9999 is entered. Please use a more current date as Finish Date (technically: 30.12.9998 at the highest), to avoid any issues with the calendar calculations in the year 9999.
To resolve the issue make necessary corrections to the data as stated above and re-try the migration process.
We will be refining the behavior and replacing the error with a more meaningful one in our future releases.
KBA , migration , paf inbound processing , projects , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To