While assigning the sales order to the Multi-Customer Projecs the project type MCPYY will not be available under Project Task value help and when you manually enter the MCPYY project in the Project Task field the system throws an error message as Item XX: Project task ID MCPYY not assigned to a customer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Choose Sales orders view.
- Open the relevant sales order.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Enter the Product ID.
- Select the project type MCPYY (MCPYY represents the Multi Customer project ID) from the value help.
- No results are displayed for project type MCP. or when you manually enter the MCPYY project in the Project Task field the system throws an error message as Item XX: Project task ID MCPXYZ not assigned to a customer.
The project MCP will not be available for the Sales Order assignment when you have selected the sell project based services (Ex: item type - Service - fixed price (project) instead you should have select the normal standardized services.
The multi customer project can be assigned N number of customers via sales order which means there is no customer assigned in case of MCP hence you have to use the normal standardized services and you cannot create Project Invoice Request for these project type. For invoicing purpose, you can create Customer Invoices directly using the sales order.
Choose normal standardized services instead Project based services then you will be able to link the MCP projects to a sales order items.
Ex : standard Services
Service - Fixed price.
Service - Time and Material.
Service - Fixed price without actuals.
KBA , AP-PCP , Purchasing Contract Processing , How To