When you migrate price list, you receive the error "the combination of context elements is not supported" during the Simulation step.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Business Configuration
- Go to view Implementation Projects
- Open activity list
- Open activity Migration of Price Lists
- Open link Migrate price lists using the migration tool
- On the new screen, click on Execute Migration > Execute Migration Step by Step
- Error occurs
It's not possible to support customer group-specific or base price lists with optional Sales Organization and Distribution Channel. Only full key is supported, which means both Sales Organization and Distribution Channel have to be maintained in the migration file.
Please note that information for Sales Organization and Distribution Channel should NOT be maintained for customer-specific price lists, as the relevant information is already maintained in the account's Sales Data.
If you don't want to maintain sales org and distribution channel, you can use below workaround :
- Fill sales org and distribution channel details and make the validity dates in past for example 01.01.1999 to 01.01.1999 and proceed with upload
- After the migration, go to work center Product and Service Portfolio
- Go to view Price Lists
- Click button Advance
- Delete the From and To dates in the search fields, so that price list created in past comes up.
- Copy the price list, remove sales org and distribution channel, correct the validity dates and save.
- It's now possible to release the price list.
Furthermore, it is also possible to use the XLS write-back option which is also available in the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To