You have created the payment for the customer and you observe that Cash Discount was applied although payment is posted after the period for discount calculation has expired.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Receivables work center.
- Go to the Customers Accounts view.
- Click on Account ID.
- Select Show Cleared Items.
- Select Payment ID XYZ, and choose Edit.
- Under the General tab, you can see the Cash Discount has been applied.
- The Maximum Cash Discount Due Date is before the posting date.
This issue is caused by the configuration of Payment Strategies in your system. You can find the Payment Strategies settings by following below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Show All and find Payment Strategy.
- Select the Payment Strategy activity.
- In the new screen, select Edit payment strategies.
Here you can see the checkbox of Always Take Maximum Cash Discount checked. It means the system should always take the maximum possible discount, even though the discount period might have already elapsed, the discount is taken regardless of the payment date.
You can un-check the Always Take Maximum Cash Discount for the relevant Payment Strategies to make sure that Cash Discount is only until the valid Due Date for the discount.
skonto nach frist, discount after payment term, due date, , KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To