You are trying to enter a Product Specification when editing a Purchase Request, but you are not able to edit the field.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center
- Go to Purchase Requests view
- Select the filter All Purchase Requests
- Edit any Purchase Request
- You cannot edit the field Product Specification
System is working as designed. The field Product Specification is Read Only in Purchase Requests.
In order to add this information to a Purchase Request, you need to enter it in the Purchase Proposal first.
However this option is hidden by default. It needs to be activated through Personalization.
- Go to Supply Planning work center
- Access the common task New Planning Proposal
- Select the option Personalize
- Select This Screen
- The list of available fields will be displayed
- Check the option to display the field Product Specification
- Save the changes
Once you enter the product specification when creating the planning proposal, it will flow to the subsequent documents, such as Purchase Request and Purchase Order.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To