You want to delete a business partner role or to set it to obsolete. The complete business partner role can be set to obsolete, but it is not possible to only remove/delete the business partner role.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Partner Data work center.
- Select the Business Partners view.
- Show Active Business Partners and Find ABC - how can the business partner role e. g. Prospect be completely removed?
In principle, a business partner is created whenever a Master Data is created in the system (EX: Accounts, Suppliers, Employee and so on). The respective business partner will always holds one of the Role which is assigned to it. Therefore, the role cannot be completely removed, but can be changed/deactivated.
You can perform the following steps to change/deactivate the respective business partner role (e. g. Prospect):
1. Go to Business Partner Data work center.
2. Go to Business Partners view.
3. Search and highlight the business partner.
4. Select the link Prospect under Business Partner Roles.
5. It opens the respective account.
6. In General tab, uncheck the Prospect check box.
7. Save the changes - the business partner role Prospect will change to Account.
If you do not wants to have the Account role for the respective business partner, then please block the account in Account Management work center.
KBA , SRD-MD-BP , Business Partner , How To