The Migration of Time and Labor Management Data shows errors during the simulation but it puts the migration file into the completed files list although nothing has been imported.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your implementation project or change project.
- Click Open Activity List.
- Go to the Integrate and Extend step.
- Open the activity Migration of Employee Data - Germany.
- Click the Migrate time and labor management data using the migration tool hyperlink.
- Show All Files - you will see that one of your migration files appears in the files list with the status Completed, but none of its containing entries have been migrated into the system.
- Download the affected migration file and upload it back into the system.
- Select the file you just uploaded and click Execute Migration - Execute Migration Step by Step - the migration fails with the following error:
Time information of employee XYZ already created.
This error occurs because you are trying to enhance/modify the Time and Labor Management Data though the migration process and this functionality is not supported in SAP Business ByDesign.
The only option is to manually change the employee time administration data using the Time Administration work center.
There are three ways to add the Time Data for an employee:
1. From the Employee Hire screen, select Complete Time Data
2. If you close the Hire completion screen without opening Complete Time Data, then a task will be generated and sent to the Work view of the Time Administration work center. You should complete it then manually.
3. Migrate the Time Administration Data using the migration process.
Now, the Migration of Time Administration Data can be used only if the time file is not created for the employees. But, once it is created using either option 1 or 2, then it is not possible to use migration to modify or enhance the employee time data.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To