You would like to define specific approval steps based on Purchase Order Quantity.
As an example, approval required if PO quantity exceeds XYZ%.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Application and User Management work center.
- Choose Approval Processes View.
- Select the existing Approval Process for Goods and Services Receipt and then choose Copy button.
- Choose Add Row to add a process step and provide Process Step Name.
- Define work distribution for the same.
- Select this process step and choose Add Group to maintain the condition.
- Choose Exceed quantity of PO quantity against Field.
- Choose Equal to against Compare Operator.
- Choose Value against With and check the Checkbox
- Maintain the Validity and select Save button.
You cannot define Purchase Order quantity against an Approval Condition for Goods and Service Receipt. This is Standard System Behavior.
You can set Over Delivery Tolerance in Purchase Order. If the Over-Delivery tolerance of the purchase order is exceeded by the goods and services receipt, the system creates a task to approve the goods and services receipt.
KBA , in approval , goods and service receipt , po quantity , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To