When running a revenue recognition, you receive the warning:
Costs without assignment to a sales order exists for project.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Cost and Revenue work center
- Go to Periodic Tasks view
- Select Revenue Recognition sub-view
- Click on the Revenue Recognition ID you need
- Go to tab Messages
You can see the message 'Costs Without Assignment To A Sales Order Exists For Project'.
Sales Order in question belongs to revenue type Project Sales and you see that for the project XYZ under Not Invoiced Time and Expenses in the project management work center, assignment of sales order to the time and expenses is done for instance on 20.5.2014
You run revenue recognition for the period 04. So for the selection criteria of revenue recognition this above assignment is still not valid so the message is justified and the sales order is not picked for selection.
For the sales order and the message in the revenue recognition, reasons could be either of the below
- Project Time and Expenses have not been assigned to the sales order and showing under not invoiced time and expenses
- Project Time and Expenses which are assigned to sales order are not valid for the period of your revenue recognition.
Choose to run the revenue recognition for the same period of your assignment of project expenses to sales order.
KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To