You are unable to renegotiate the soon expiring purchasing contract because of missing Negotiate button.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sourcing and Contracting work center.
- Select the Contracts view.
- Select the task with subject: Check Expired Purchasing Contract XYZ.
- Select Edit.
- The contract opens in the new screen but the Negotiate button is missing.
Once the contract is negotiated, a sourcing request is created. But Sourcing Requests option is not selected in scoping, so the Negotiate button is missing in the contract.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center .
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select All Current Projects Query in the Show field.
- Select Edit Project Scope button.
- Go to Guided activity step 3 Scoping.
- Go to Scoping step and then select the arrow beside Sourcing.
- Select the arrow beside Sourcing and Contracting.
- Select the checkbox beside Sourcing Requests.
- Select Next until Finish button gets enabled.
- Select Finish.
Once the above mentioned steps are performed you will be able to see the Negotiate button in the relevant contract.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To