You want to know how to change the existing Requested Date in the Sales Order which system picks automatically when creating the order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Order Work Center.
- Choose New Sales Order from the Common Tasks.
- Enter required details to create the sales order.
- In the field Requested Date under the General section, you observe that system picks Date automatically which also gets copied to Item's Requested Date.
The current behavior is dependent upon the settings in the Business Configuration.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to Implementation Projects View.
- In the field Show, select all Current Projects.
- Select Project and choose Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to Fine Tune Phase of the activity.
- In the field Show, select All Activities then Find Date Profiles activity and choose Go.
- Select the Activity and Choose Add to Project option.
- Open the activity Date Profiles.
- New window opens up, here you can see various Date Variable For Sales.
- Under Sales Orders, now you can maintain number of days required as per business requirement in the section Requested Date = Creation Date + Number of Days. For ex. Requested Date = Today's Date + Y Day(s)
In the same way you can maintain validity for Sales Quotes, Leads and Opportunities and Date Variable for service business documents as well.
KBA , requested date , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To