You want to apply a mandatory Approval Process for Petty Cash Payments.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management Work Center
- Enter the Master Data View
- Go to Petty Cash Sub View
It is assumed that the petty cash payments are small expenses or receipts and there is no approval needed for such small payments.
Hence a conventional approval process does not apply to petty cash payments.
Though there is no Approval Process for Petty Cash, there is a concept of authorizing the petty cash payments for certain business users.
Please follow the below steps for the same.
- Go to Liquidity Management Work Center.
- Go to Master Data View.
- Go to Petty Cash Sub View.
- Click on New, then choose Petty Cash.
- On the New Petty Cash screen, enter the Basic Data for your new petty cash fund.
- In addition to the Petty Cash ID, you specify the Currency. For example, A Petty Cash Fund can be created in only one currency. If you want to process your cash payments in different currencies, you need to create additional Petty Cash Funds.
- You also need to enter the Account Determination Group.
- If you want to assign responsibility for the New Petty Cash Fund to a specific person, enter their name in the Responsible Employee field.
- If you want this person to be the only person allowed to work with this Petty Cash Fund, select the Restricted Authorization checkbox.
- Click Save.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To