You have an outgoing check which was supposed to pay more than 999 invoices. Therefore system creates two checks (XXX and XXX+1) to pay them.
However, you have to cancel check XXX. Then system re-used only the first one and the second one XXX+1 was skipped.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to Payment Monitor view.
- Show All Payments.
- Search for Outgoing Check XXX.
You can see this check number is Canceled and has been already re-used. However, when searching for check number XXX+1 we can see the number is Canceled and has not been re-used.
This is the expected system behavior, and currently this logic is not planned to be changed.
Two options are available:
- You could take the following workaround:
- As soon as you cancel such a multi-page check which is not printed yet, you would need to take the voided check pages out of the printer.
- You could alternatively make use of the print advice functionality:
- Instead of having the invoice reference numbers on the check form, you could print or even email a payment advice with these reference numbers. But for that you would need to generally change the check print form in the way that the whole invoice reference lines are removed, so that it is ensured that only one page is printed only.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To