- In BI4.1, when “Text” is passed as a prompt constant via OpenDoc, the error below is displayed
Query script generation failed. See your administrator. No member found for Caption 'XXX' in Characteristic 'XXXX'. (IES 00013)
- In BI.40 no error message is generated and the report is generated as it should
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a webi report on top of a BEx Query that has date prompts.
2. Create a dashboard on top of the Bex Query on which data is dependent on date
3. Create an OpenDoc from the webi report created earlier
4. Include the opendoc to an excel cell in dashboard design and also include parameters in that same cell that will filter the data depending on the time selected for the dashboard.
5. Refer that excel cell to an object on the dashboard.
6. Run the dashboard and click on the object which refers to the OpenDoc
This has been raised as problem report ADAPT01725696
When display is set up as "Text", all LOV build in webi query filter panel is only TEXT.
Therefore all parameters passed have to be text .
If a key is passed then error "No member found for this caption" is showing
This issue has been forwarded to Development for further investigation
Change the "Display as" property from TEXT to KEY in the InfoObject definition of the BEx query.
Tthe LOV built in webi query filter panel will now be based on KEY therefore all parameters passed to this filter can now be KEY.
KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Problem