You have maintained the Bank Account Prioritization settings in the Business Configuration work center. In the fine-tune activity Global Settings for Payment, you have maintained the prioritization for the Bank Account ABC for the selected Payment Method. However the Bank Account XYZ is selected in the Automatic Payment.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payables work center and choose the Automatic Payments view.
- Show All Payment Proposals.
- Select any Payment Proposal.
- Choose Edit, and then go to the General Data tab.
- You can see the Bank Account ID is XYZ.
The Bank account selection in the payments is also determined by the Liquidity Status, Minimum Amount, Overdraft Limit of the bank. So if the Liquidity status of Bank Account goes below the minimum amount for the bank, then system will not select that bank account for outgoing payments even though if the bank has been prioritized in the fine tuning settings.
All the unconfirmed (Ready for Transfer, In Transfer) outgoing payments will be considered in determining the Liquidity status of the bank. If the closing balance on this account and un-confirmed outgoing payment balance is less than the minimum amount limit maintained at the bank, then this bank account will not be selected anymore for the outgoing checks. By default if making a payment would cause the account balance to fall below the minimum amount the system first searches for an account with sufficient available funds before debiting the account.
Hence, in this case, the Bank Account ABC doesn't have enough liquidity for the Outgoing Payment and it is not proposed in the Automatic Payment.
If you wish to use the particular bank account for outgoing payments, then maintain the settings in the Global Settings for Payment activity. Also you could do one of the following to make sure that the Bank Account Prioritization works as expected.
1. Ensure that the bank has enough liquidity for the Outgoing Payments.
2. You can adjust the minimum amount for this bank in the Liquidity Management work center such that closing balance doesn't fall below this minimum amount while creating an Outgoing Payment.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To