The migration mode: Modify Already Existing Records is not found in the Migration Tool for materials.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Show All Configuration Elements and Fins activity: Migration of Material.
- Select Migrate materials using the Migration tool.
- Upload the populated template.
- Select the Properties button.
As of release 1402 the Modify Already Existing Records mode of migration has been removed as this mode has been replaced with a functionality in the Mass Data Maintenance work center. This can be used to modify the Materials.
The requirement can be fulfilled through Mass Data Maintenance work center and the steps are as follows:
- Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center.
- Select Link for Export Materials.
- Add the required Materials and select OK.
- Go to General tab.
- Select <export> for the columns which needs change.
- Select Export Data to CSV File button.
- In the Excel file, change/add the values for those fields and save the changes, and close the file.
- Close the Export Materials screen.
- Upload the file and Execute Data Import.
- Proceed with data validation and import.
KBA , already , existing , modify , migration , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To