- You notice that for a statistical Valuation view of a Fixed Asset, the planned Depreciation is displayed only on a yearly level, not per Accounting Period.
- You also notice that the Depreciation run did not consider this Valuation view in a period other than the last period of the Fiscal Year.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to Fixed Assets view.
- Search and open Fixed Asset XYZ(XYZ represents the Fixed Asset ID).
- Go to the Values tab.
- Navigate to the Depreciation Overview sub-tab.
- Select Valuation view ABC (ABC represents the statistical/ internal Valuation view).
- You notice that the planned depreciation amounts is calculated yearly, due in the last period of each fiscal year of the Fixed Asset's useful life. The Depreciation is not planned per period as displayed for Book Valuation Views.
- Also, after the Depreciation run for a period other than the last period of a Fiscal Year, you notice that the planned Depreciation was not updated for the Valuation view ABC.
The book valuation views are the only valuation views relevant for the General ledger. Therefore, the automatically calculated and planned annual depreciation is distributed to the respective accounting periods. For each period the depreciation run automatically posts the proportional depreciation amounts to the G/L accounts defined in account determination. At the same time, the posted value is updated in asset accounting.
For all other valuation views, such as the statistical/internal Valuation view ABC, the system considers depreciation on a yearly basis in the last period of the Fiscal Year. However, this depreciation is not posted to G/L accounts but only updated in fixed asset accounting.
This is expected system behaviour.
You need to make sure that this issue only occurs for the Statistical(Internal) Valuation view and not for the Book(Non-Statistical) view. Follow the below mentioned steps to check the type of valuation view:
- In the Business Configuration work center navigate to the Implementation projects view and open the Activity List.
- Open the Integrate and Extend phase and open the Set of Books activity.
- Select the Set of books that is assigned to the company and press Edit.
- In the Fixed Asset Settings tab you can find the assigned valuation views.
- If the Internal check box is not selected, it means that it is a Book(Non-Statistical) Valuation view.
- If it is selected, then it is a Statistical/ Internal Valuation view.
Note: If the issue occurs for the Book(Non-Statistical) view, refer the KBA noted in the See Also section.
Statistical Valuation View; no depreciation posting during fiscal year; depreciation per year, , KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To