For some valuations views, the Fixed Asset Depreciation Overview shows the depreciation amount only at the year level for all the fiscal years.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Fixed Assets Work Center.
- Go to Fixed Assets View.
- Search and open Fixed Asset XYZ(input parameter).
- Go to Values Tab.
- Select Depreciation Overview Sub-tab.
- Select the Valuation view
You will see that for all the Fiscal Years, the depreciation is not showing for each fiscal period, but it is showing the sum of them in the period 012.
For the Statistical Valuation Views, Depreciation is calculated on a yearly basis. The depreciation amount is accumulated for the full year and will be depreciated in the period 12 only.
System works as designed and we don't support support monthly depreciation for statistical views.
You need to make sure that this issue only occurs for the Statistical(Internal) Valuation view and not for the Book(Non-Statistical) view. Follow the below mentioned steps to check the type of valuation view:
- In the Business Configuration workcenter navigate to the Implementation projects view and open the Activity List.
- Open the Integrate and Extend phase and open the activity Set of Books.
- Select the Set of books that is assigned to the company and click Edit
- In the Fixed Asset Settings tab you can find the assigned valuation views.
- If the Internal check box is not selected, it means that it is Book(Non-Statistical) view.
- If it is ticked, then it is Statistical(Internal) Valuation view.
You need to make sure that this issue is only reported for the valuation view for which the Internal checkbox is selected.
Note : If the issue is reported for the Book(Non-Statistical) view, then you may refer to the following KBA.
2085507: Planned Depreciation Is Not Being Calculated Per Period for all Fiscal Years
Statistical View , KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To