You are trying to post Manual Posting - Revaluation for a fixed asset and encountered the error message.
Offsetting Item Data Are Not Required.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Select the Fixed Asset XYZ.
- You can either Edit the asset and then apply manual postings or directly access this feature by choosing Manual Posting.
- Choose Revaluation.
- Fill in all required parameters like Set of Books, dates, Valuation View, Revaluation Of, account etc.,
- Either Post or Simulate the resulting journal entry.
You have selected the valuation view XX - which is statistical in nature and for this no postings will get generated so the assignment of Offsetting GL account is also not required.
If you select the valuation view as Book Depreciation then only offsetting account assignment is required. For statistical valuation views there is no need to enter a general ledger account under Offsetting Account Assignment.
For 1 - Book depreciation it is required to enter a GL Account under offsetting account assignment field.
For 10 - Federal tax ACRS/MACRS - with bonus it is not required to enter a GL Account under offsetting account assignment field.
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To