When processing the payment, you receive the error message: Entry in mandatory field Bank Charges Paid By for International bank transfer missing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payables work center.
- Select Supplier accounts view.
- Search for the supplier account and open it.
- Go to Trade Payables tab and Invoice / Payments sub-tab.
- Select the invoice.
- Click on Pay Manually By and select Outgoing Bank transfer or Other Payment method.
- Go to Payables work center.
- Select Automatic Payments view.
- Search for the payment and open it.
- Click on View All.
- Click on Action and select Determine Payment Details.
Here you get the error message Entry in mandatory field Bank Charges Paid By for International bank transfer missing.
- You have not maintained a value in the field Bank Charges Paid By in the supplier master data. This field is mandatory if you are processing the international bank transfer.
- If you are processing domestic bank transfers, the system gives you an error due to fact that in the business configuration, you have maintained a higher priority for the international bank transfer over domestic bank transfer. For the bank account, international bank transfer is also an allowed payment procedure. The system will check all payment procedures and all payment formats maintained for the bank account and then tries to find the best suitable option. Hence when this check is executed, it failed to determine the value of field Bank Charges Paid By.
If you intend to create international Bank transfer, You need to maintain "Bank Charges Paid By" in the supplier master data.
- Go to Payables Work center
- Select Suppliers view
- Search for the Supplier
- Select the row
- Click on Edit and select Financial Data / Payment Data.
- Under the Instructions to the Bank for International Payments, maintain the value in the field Bank Charges Paid By
If you intend to create domestic bank transfer, you need to change the priority of the payment methods in the business configuration.
- Go to Business configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Project view.
- Select the project and click on Open Activity.
- Go to Fine Tune tab.
- Search for activity Global Settings for Payment.
- Click on Prioritize payment methods.
- Maintain higher priority for the Domestic Bank Transfer then International Bank Transfer.
- Click on Save.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To