You observe that the input distance varies from the calculated distance while claiming mileage and you do not see a validation or warning message.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel & Expenses work center.
- Go to the Travel & Expenses view.
- Click on Request Trip Approval-Claim Travel Expenses.
- Select Claim Mileage button and enter the required fields.
- Click on Add and Edit Details button.
- Manually enter a false value in Distance field and click on Calculate button.
Though the value in the Calculated Distance field is different from that of the manually entered, there is no validation/warning shown.
The Google distance calculation is available to get some information about the distance, however the manually entered kilometers/miles are taken in the Expense Report, which may not be identical to the kilometers/miles calculated by Google. Currently there is no plan to check both kilometer/miles against each other.
Enter the kilometers/miles manually to claim mileage in an Expense Report because there is no validation across calculated value.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To