You notice that for some reports and characteristics, like report Details for Open Items - Suppliers on data source Trade Receivables Payables Register and characteristic Proposed Posting Date, the value selection is set to Using Complex Restriction. You are creating your own report on the same data source and would like to use the value selection Using Complex Restriction as well. However, the selection is not offered in the report wizard.
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Reports.
- Find the report (in this example it is Details for Open Items - Suppliers on data source Trade Receivables Payables Register) and click on New > Report as Copy.
- Go to step 4 - Select Characteristics.
- You notice that for some characteristics, like Proposed Posting Date, the value selection is set to Using Complex Restriction.
Since you would like to create your own report rather than a report copy, you use the report wizard to built your report based on the standard data source Trade Receivables Payables Register or your own data source that contains the standard data source.
- In the report wizard of your new report, select the desired data source in step 1.
- Choose the key figures and characteristics as required in steps 2 and 3.
- Go to step 4. Here you can see that the value selection Using Complex Restriction is not listed for the characteristic Proposed Posting Date.
Using Complex Restriction means that there is a restriction applied to that characteristic which is based on specific characteristic values. SAP delivers these restrictions via key figure groups which can be selected in step 2 of the report wizard (Select Key Figures). This means that without selecting the relevant key figure group, the option Using Complex Restriction will not be available.
In this example, the relevant key figure group is Open Item List.
- Edit your report with the report wizard.
- In step 2, choose the required key figures / key figure groups, but make sure to select the key figure group Open Item List.
- Choose the desired characteristics, including Proposed Posting Date, in step 3.
- In step 4 you will see that the option Using Complex Restriction is now available for the Proposed Posting Date.
If you would like to check which key figure group is relevant for your characteristic, you can use the function New > Report as Copy to see the key figure groups in the original report.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To