In the Fixed Assets migration template you are missing a field to add a free cost object.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Business Configuration workcenter go to the Implementation Projects view and open the Activity List.
- In the Fine tune phase find the Perform data extraction activity.
- Click on the Download Migration Templates link.
- Find and download the Fixed Assets template under Transaction Data Financial Accounting.
- In the Excel template navigate to the Master Data tab.
- Here you can't find any fields related to cost objects.
- In the Field List tab there is no sign of a Cost Object field either.
- You are now wondering why the Free Cost Object is visible for fixed assets in the Fixed Assets workcenter.
The Cost Object field is available in the Fixed Assets (Extended) migration template. In this Excel template the field is hidden by default.
- In the Business Configuration workcenter navigate to the Implementation projects view and open the Activity List.
- In the Fine tune phase find Perform data extraction.
- Click on Download Migration templates.
- Now download the Fixed Assets (Extended) template under Transaction Data Financial Accounting.
- The Cost Object field is only available in this extended migration template.
- You now have to unhide the Cost Object field in the template in order to use it.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To