You get error as below when you create expense report for intercompany scenario.
Error Postings Not Permitted; Company ABC Differs from Project Company XYZ.
Reproducing the Issue
You can reproduce the issue with following steps:
- Go to work center Travel and Expenses and select common task New Expense Report on Behalf.
- Select an employee.
- Select Type of Expense Report as Out-of-pocket expenses.
- Input Purposes.
- Select Edit Cost Assignment.
- Select Add Row, and select Account Assignment Type as Project Task.
- Select a task, then you get the error.
In intercompany scenario, you need to have a purchase order with item type as Limit.
Cancel the existing purchase order, and then create a new one with item type as Limit.
KBA , expense report , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , How To