You have created a revenue recognition run in update mode. Later on you want to reverse or delete the run, for example due to the application of incorrect selection criteria.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks view.
- Click Revenue Recognition subview.
- Select the Revenue Recognition XYZ (XYZ means the Revenue Recognition ID).
- Notice that Delete button is grayed out and there's no option to reverse the run.
The system is behaving as designed. You can only delete the revenue recognition if performed in test mode. Deletion of revenue recognition runs in update mode is not an option.
No reverse button is available. The only option to reverse the previous revenue recognition is to run it again in update mode applying appropriate selection criteria.
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center and the view.
- Go to the Sales Document Items view.
- Select All Sales Order Items in question for customer ABC (ABC means the Customer ID).
- Choose Reassign and then select Accrual Method.
- Choose accrual method 3-Continue to defer.
- Then go to the Periodic Tasks view and select the Revenue Recognition subview.
- Create a Revenue Recognition Run for the same period and for same sales order which was previous performed in update mode.
You can see the postings created in the previous run got reversed and you can see them as deferrals again.
Also now you can change back the actual accrual method defined for sales order items from 3-Continue to defer.
Reverse revenue recognition; Continue to defer; , KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To