You want to enter more than one accounting period (multiple selection) on the Accounting Period/Year variable of the Sales Info for IS By Nature of Expense report.
However the system only allows you to select a single accounting period (e.g. 003.2014).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center (report is also available under Business Analytics work center)
- Go to Reports > List sub view
- Search and open report Sales Info for IS By Nature of Expense
- Under report Selection area, click on the icon to expand the available selections for Accounting Period/Year variable
- Under Advanced Select tab, mark Add More and click the icon to expand. You'll see that only one accounting period/year can be selected.
The report Sales Info for IS By Nature of Expense is meant to provide support for creating manual postings for switch to Nature of Expense from Function of Expense.
Using the nature of expense method requires manual correcting entries to be made monthly. In this way, if multiple selection on Accounting Period/Year variable is allowed, it will be difficult to create manual postings on monthly basis as the data will be aggregated.
Also using Add Fields is not an option as a hard restriction was implemented on Accounting Period/Year to be single entry.
That is how the report was designed to be built and hence the system behavior is correct.
The help documentation below is useful as further reference:
Sales Information for Income Statement by Nature of Expense (Posting to COGS Accounts)
Switching from Function of Expense Method to Nature of Expense Method
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To