You are trying to create a new employee substitution for user XYZ but you get an error message user XYZ Hasn’t Been Assigned Business Roles.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Application and User Management work center.
- Choose Substitutions view.
- Choose Substitution from the drop-down menu of New button.
- Provide User XYZ against Employee.
You will get this error message user XYZ Hasn’t Been Assigned business Roles.
Changes to the access rights can be achieved only by either assigning a new business role to the substitute or by updating an existing business role.
Hence assignment of business role to an user is a prerequisite for using this user for Employee Substitution functionality.
Follow below mentioned steps to assign Business Role to the user XYZ.
- Go to Application & User Management work center
- Select Business User sub-view under User and Access Management view.
- Show All Business User and choose Go.
- Select the relevant user and choose Access Rights from the drop-down of Edit button.
- Go to Business Role Assignment tab.
- Select your business role ABC and select the check box against Assigned to User.
- Save and Close.
KBA , employee substitution access rights , business role , substitution , access rights , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To