The accounts names appear without spaces between their names in the system.
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Click Open Activity List.
- Navigate to the Integrate and Extend tab.
- Open activity Migration of Customers.
- Click the Migrate customers using the migration tool link.
- Open the maintained migration template - the account names have been maintained without spaces in between (e. g. CustomerGmbH instead of Customer GmbH).
When checking the corresponding accounts in the Account Management work center, their names appear also without spaces and you want to remove them and migrate them again correctly.
When you created the records in the migration template, you forgot to maintain the spaces between the accounts` names.
It is not possible to delete an account in the system once it is created.
It is also not possible to change the Account Name of multiple accounts via Mass Change. Hence, only available option is to change each account manually.
The following options are available:
1. Change production system, where only the solution profile is copied, but without master data and perform the migration of accounts correctly.
2. Restore point to the date before the migration has been performed.
3. Manual change, but this will be time-consuming, if a large list of records needs to be corrected.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To