You have created credit memo with reference to customer invoice and later you have performed reset clearing against the invoice but still in the customer statement the document id field is showing invoice id against the credit memo instead of credit memo external reference id.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Receivables work center.
- Go to the Customers view.
- Click on Balance Confirmation subview.
- In show dropdown choose Released Balance Confirmations.
- Select Preview and print.
The Credit Memos were created with reference to the Invoice and hence they were automatically cleared against the Invoice but till the time credit memo created with reference it will still use its invoice id as reference inspite of performing reset clearing against it and the same is displayed in the customer statement.
In case you want to create the credit memo without reference to the New Invoice, you should create the manual credit memo from the customer invoicing work center.
- Go to Customer Invoicing Work center.
- Go to Invoice Documents.
- Click on New Manual Credit Memo.
In this case,the credit memo reference will be correctly displayed in the customer statements created from Balance Confirmation Run.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To