You are viewing one of the Time Accounts reports to check the holiday balance for the employees. You notice that the key figure Balance shows the wrong value. It does not correspond to what you see in the Time File of the respective employee.
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the work center Time Administration, and the view Reports
- Open one of the Time Account reports, e.g. Time Accounts: Yearly
- Drag the characteristics Employee and Time Account Type into the Rows
- For the employee ABC and the vacation time account, you will see a value X in the key figure Balance that seems too high
- Go to the view Employees in the work center Time Administration
- Search for the employee ABC and click on Edit to open the time file
- Switch to the tab Time Account Balances
- For the vacation account of the year you reviewed in the report you will see a different value
You expect to see the value from the Time Account Balances in the Time Accounts: Yearly report.
The system behaviour is as designed. The key figure Balance is not comparable to the balance in the time file since it works differently. It shows the values according to the following rules:
- The key figure Balance shows the balance only for the 31st of March of the year (representing the remaining holidays from the previous year) and the 31st of December of the year.
- If the employee ABC does not have a vacation account assigned to him for the previous year, the key figure only shows the balance for the 31st of December.
- If available, the system always takes the remaining holidays from the previous year into consideration.
- Holidays that are planned for the future but not yet taken cannot be considered in this report.
When viewing this report and key figure, it is always recommended to use the characteristic Posting Date. If it is not used, the system will add up the balance from the 31st of March and the 31st of December, which can result in a very high value. If you do not want to use this characteristic, you might consider adding the key figure Interim Balance to the report and use it instead of Balance. This key figure shows the balance after each time posting up until the current day.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To