When you are trying to migrate Customer Contracts, system throws the error message:
ID XX not permitted
during the simulation of migration and thus you are unable to complete the migration.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Choose the relevant project title and select the Open Activity List button.
- In the opened window, go to the Integrate & Extend tab
- Search for Migration of Customer Contracts activity and select Open button.
- In the opened window, select Migrate customer contracts using the migration tool link.
- Select the respective file name, select Execute Migration -> Step by Step option.
- It executes the migration, there select the Next button and go to the Simulate Import step, you could see that the system has resulted in error messages.
For migrated contracts only Alphanumeric values are permitted as ID. (For e.g. A1). Numeric values will be rejected as ID.
Please provide alphanumeric values as ID in the migration Excel and try to migrate the customer contracts again.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To