While selecting a Non Deductible Tax Code for a Down Payment Request you get the error as Non deductible taxes are not allowed for down payment requests.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Select New Down payment Request.
- Click on the required Supplier.
- Click on View All.
- Navigate to Items tab.
- Fill in the required information such as: Product ID, Description, Tax Code etc.
- Choose tax code- 71 - Dom. Purchase-Services (ST), 78 - Purch with Serv Tax (Reduced Rate) or 150 - Acquisition of Service (Reverse Charge)
You then get an error message: Non deductible taxes are not allowed for down payment requests.
In the SAP Business ByDesign system, you cannot use the Non Deductibility for a tax during down payment request.
Non Deductibility can be applied during the invoice, and the effect is that the credit gets added to the material and you can check the same in the journal entry created without a tax line.
KBA , down payment request , non deductibility , non deductible taxes , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To