You cannot post a Goods and Services Receipt due to an exception screen: Unexpected error during backend processing. However when you press the button Check before posting the document, you have the information that it contains no errors.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Goods and Services Receipts.
- Go to the view Purchase Orders to Be Delivered.
- Select the relevant purchase order and choose Goods and Services Receipt.
- Choose Post.
- You get an exception screen Unexpected error during backend processing.
The Business Partner ID for the Requester/Recipient has been changed after posting the purchase order. If you open the purchase order and press Check, you will get the warnings: Requester ABC not found; Recipient ABC not found.
As a immediate solution, you can select the correct User ID for the requester/recipient in the purchase order. Afterward choose Send Update. Note that it will trigger an output. To avoid that an email is sent out to the supplier, you can temporarily change the output settings for the form Changed Purchase Order.
- Go to the work center Purchase Requests and Orders.
- Go to the view Purchase Orders.
- Select the relevant purchase order and choose Edit.
- Go to the tab Items and then the sub-tab Delivery.
- Select the correct IDs for the fields Requester and Recipient.
- In the top right, choose You Can Also -> Edit Output Settings for Change PO.
- You can change the email address to yours then choose Apply.
- Choose Send Update.
Afterward you can create a goods receipt for the purchase order.
KBA , crash , requestor , dump , AP-GSP , Goods and Service Acknowledgement , How To