You need to deactivate a migrated Fixed Asset. The migration was already reversed.
The fixed assets' net value is 0,00 LC (Local Currency).
The fixed assets remains in status Capitalized.
In general, assets with a net value of 0,00 LC can be deactivated by setting the Deactivation date in the life cycle data; However, the Deactivation Date is not enabled for migrated fixed assets.
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Fixed Assets work center.
- Select the affected Fixed Asset XYZ (where XYZ represents the Fixed Asset ID) and press Edit -Master Data.
- Navigate to the Life Cycle Data subtab.
- The Deactivation Date cannot be maintained.
You either have not maintained the Process Control for Migration postings.
Or the Entry Possible Until date is not restricted, i.e. you have maintained Unlimited for this Business Process Group.
In order to enable the Deactivation Date for migrated fixed assets set up the Process Control as follows:
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Naviagate to the Companies view and select the relevant company.
- Make a note of the Posting Date for Migration.
- Choose Set Process Control button.
- In the new screen press Add Row and maintain the following settings:
- Process Control Status: Not Blocked
- Business Process Group: 09 - Migration
- Entry Possible Until: Enter a current date, e.g. Today or later.
- From Posting Date and To Posting Date: Equal to Posting Date for Migration
With this setting the Deactivation date will be enabled from the date after the last possible entry date.
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To