You have created a custom report and selected the option Show Master Data Value for a specific characteristics and would like to know how this selection affects the report content.
In this example, we use the Account Details report and the Sales Organization characteristic.
Reproducing the Issue
- You have created a copy of the Account Details report and called it XYZ.
- For the custom report (XYZ) you have selected the option Show Master Data Value for the Sales Organization characteristicas follow:
- Report wizard then Characteristic Properties (Step 4)
- Highlight Sales Organization characteristic
- From the Details: Sales Organization select the Display tab and tick the Show Master Data Value box.
- Save the report
The system behaviour is as designed.
The reason why the Sales Organization characteristic, from the custom report (XYZ), shows Sales Organization even if no Sales data is associated to it is because with the Show Master Data Value Selection the report is modelled to display all master data values without any restriction; consequently the Sale Organization characteristic will get all the value available from the system, as per the Org Structures, irrespectively if the Sales Organization is used in the Account as part of Sales Data or not. On the other hand, the Sales Organization characteristic which doesn't have the Show Master Data Value selection ticked, like in the Account Details (standard report) it will restrict the Sales Organizations which are used in the Accounts as part of Sales Data.
Note: The above selection may also affect the result of the value help when similar characteristics are used from the Selection/Filter screen. for example Sales Organization and Functional Unit ID (Sales Organization) where the first will show a Sales Organization while the second won't.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To