- Stored procedures missing.
- No Oracle stored procedures listed in Crystal Reports, when attempting to create a new report via an ODBC connection to Oracle using the CR Oracle ODBC driver.
- When creating a new report via an Oracle native connection, it list all the Oracle stored procedures.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- CR Oracle ODBC Driver 5.3
- CR Oracle ODBC Driver 6.0
- CR Oracle ODBC Driver 7.0
- CR Oracle Wire Protocol ODBC Driver 5.3
- CR Oracle Wire Protocol ODBC Driver 6.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Install and configure the Oracle client on the local computer.
- In the ODBC Data Source Administrator, create an ODBC DSN to the Oracle database using the CR Oracle ODBC Driver.
- In Crystal Reports, when creating a native Oracle connection to the database, it list all the Oracle stored procedures.
- But when creating an ODBC connection to the same Oracle database using the ODBC DSN created in step 2, it does not list any Oracle stored procedure.
- The ODBC DSN created to the Oracle database is configured to only return the stored procedures owned by the user logged in to Oracle.
- Since the user logged in to Oracle isn't the owner of any of the stored procedures, it does not list any stored procedures.
- To display a list of all available Oracle stored procedure when using the following ODBC drivers to connect to Oracle:
- CR Oracle ODBC Driver
- CR Oracle Wire Protocol ODBC Driver
Uncheck the CR Oracle ODBC driver option: "Use Current Schema for SQLProcedures". To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator.
- Select the ODBC DSN created using the CR Oracle ODBC Driver, and click on the button "Configure"
- In the "ODBC Oracle Driver Setup", under the tab "Performance", uncheck the option: "Use Current Schema for SQLProcedures"
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
Now, when creating a new report in Crystal Reports using the CR Oracle ODBC driver, it will list all the available Oracle Stored Procedures.
CR, Oracle, Data Direct Oracle ODBC driver, DD ODBC , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016