You are trying to pay a customer invoice XYZ with incoming direct debit. When creating the payment you notice that the house bank data is not automatically filled under Bank Account ID. When trying to automatically fill the bank data you receive the error:
Bank account missing or not valid.
Payment method details are not determined.
When choosing the right bank account using the value help and matching payment and invoice you receive the error:
Bank value date missing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Receivables work center.
- Choose Customer Account ABC and click View.
- Enter the Customer Account Monitor.
- Under Trade Receivables choose Invoices/Payments.
- Select invoice XYZ and choose Pay Manually By / Direct Debit.
- Click Complete Bank Data.
- Go via View All and fill the Bank Processing Date and match the transactions.
The reason for the thrown errors becomes apparent when specifying the Payment Method Details under Further Details. When choosing SEPA Direct Debit now a different message shows as:
No mandate specified.
As suggested by the error there are problems regarding the validity of a SEPA mandate for this particular customer account.
In order to evaluation the validity of the SEPA Mandate proceed as follows.
- From the Customer Account Monitor directly enter the account master data for customer account ABC.
- Under Financial Data choose Payment Data.
- Under SEPA Mandates you find the specifics for the applicable SEPA Mandate.
- Check here whether the checkbox Blocked is set and/or the validity time frame of the mandate.
Either a new valid SEPA mandate has to be obtained from the customer or an alternative valid payment method has to be applied for this account.
KBA , bank account missing or not valid , bank value date missing , direct debit , no mandate specified , payment method details are not , sepa , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To