You have entered a credit limit in an account in the Financial tab and also entered the delivery block Credit Limit in the Sales Data tab.
As soon as you add an item to the sales order the delivery block is removed. You expect that the delivery block is not removed since you have set the delivery block in the Sales Data tab of the account.
Reproducing the Issue
You have entered a credit limit in an account in the Financial tab and also entered a delivery block in the Sales Data tab.
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Select the Accounts view.
- Open account ABC (ABC represents the ID of the account).
- Go to the Financial Data tab
- The amount XXX is entered in the field Credit Limit (XXX represents the amount in your respective currency).
- Go to the Sales Data tab
- In the field Delivery Block the option Credit Limit is selected.
You expect that in a sales order the amount XXX is not taken in to consideration since the Credit Limit is set in the Sales Data tab.
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select New Sales Order from the Common Tasks.
- Enter account ABC.
- The following warning message appears: Document blocked for delivery
In the field Delivery Block the option Credit limit is entered automatically by the system in the General tab.
- Go to the Items tab.
- Add Product XYZ (XYZ represents the product ID).
- The warning message Document blocked for delivery disappears.
- In the General tab the system removed the option Credit limit in the field Delivery Block.
This is the expected system behaviour.
The Credit Limit is set as a delivery block when the account is added since the credit limit check is not triggered before any item is added. Once an item is added, the credit limit check is triggered as per your settings in the fine-tune activity Credit Limit Check in your Business Configuration. The check applies not only according to the amount XXX entered in the Financial Data tab but also if the option Credit Limit has been set in the Sales Data tab. Therefore, if the credit limit amount XXX is not reached, as per amount entered as a credit limit in your account master data, the credit status changes from 'Not Relevant' to 'Limit not Exceeded' and the delivery block is removed.
Therefore, if as per the amount maintained in account Financial Data tab, the limit is not yet exceeded, the delivery cannot be blocked due to the credit limit.
If you would like to set a delivery block which is not cross checked with the amount maintained in account Financial Data tab you would need to either use a different option such as Customer Request or alternatively create a customer specific Delivery Block.
This can be done as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Project view.
- Click on the Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune step.
- Open the activity Account.
- Click on the Maintain Delivery Block Reasons hyperlink.
- Click on the Add Row button.
- Create a new Delivery Block Reason e.g. Z01 General Credit limit.
- Click Save and Close.
You can select this option now in your account master data in the Sales Data tab in the field Delivery Block.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To