The Dashboard Design product version was rolled back and xlf files that were created or edited with the newer version will not open.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new dashboard or edit an existing dashboard using the latest version of the Dashboard Designer.
- Roll back the Dashboard Designer to an earlier version
- Attempt to open a dashboard created with the newer vresion.
The Dashboard Designer is backward compatible to open XLF files created with an earlier version. However, newer versions of an XLF file cannot be opened using an older version of the Dashboard Design Tool.
Note: There is no resolution to this situation.
- The recommended step when editing a previously made xlf file that was created with an earlier version is to save the edited xlf file under a different file name or folder.
- One such example would be to create a folder structure such as dashboards_14.05 while keeping the previously made xlf files under their own structure. This will essentially work as a backup.
Another example would to save the xlf created with the newer version with a name reflecting what version was used to create it.
dashbaord, xlf, verson , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem