You want to process futher a purchase order and send it for approval or cancel the purchase order, However you cannot edit the purchase order which has status Rejected.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Purchase Requests and Orders.
- Go to the view Purchase Orders.
- Select the Purchase Order and choose Edit.
- On top you have the notification: Purchase Order XYZ Rejected.
- You cannot edit the purchase order.
Once a purchase order is rejected, it cannot be processed further. In the work center Managing My Area, view Approvals, the determined approver has selected Reject instead of Send Back for Revision for the approval task. The rejection of a purchase order cannot be revoked and the its status Rejected is final.
Also for the rejected Purchase order, system does not allow action like the Cancel Document button.
You can create a Copy of the purchase order, do the necessary changes and submit once more the new purchase order for it to be approved.
Rejected Purchase Order, Cancel the rejected Purchase order,edit Rejected Purchase Order, , KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To