You want to edit the Purchase order and send it for approval or cancel the purchase order, however ,you cannot edit the purchase order which is in status Rejected.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Purchase Requests and Orders
- Go to the view Purchase Orders
- Select the Purchase Order and choose Edit
- On top you have the notification: Purchase Order XYZ Rejected (where XYZ is a Purchase order ID)
- You cannot edit the purchase order or do anything in it
Once a purchase order is rejected, it cannot be processed further. In the work center Managing My Area, view Approvals, the determined approver has selected Reject instead of Send Back for Revision for the approval task. The rejection of a purchase order cannot be revoked,and the its status Rejected is final.
Also, for the rejected Purchase order, system does not allow action like the Cancel Document button.
You can create a Copy of the purchase order, do the necessary changes and submit the new purchase order for approval.
Rejected Purchase Order, Cancel the rejected Purchase order, edit Rejected Purchase Order , KBA , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , How To