When you try to change number range in fine-tuning activity Number Ranges for New Business, you get error message Interval is Already in Use.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Business Configuration
- Go to view Implementation Projects
- Open activity list
- Open activity Number Ranges for New Business
- Change Begin Number and/or End Number
- Select button Save
- An error occurs: interval is already in use
The number range cannot be changed if interval is already in use.
You can change current number:
- Select button Change Current Number
- In the new screen, enter the value per your needs/requirements
- Save the change
For example : if you have created sales quote till 100, it means you have used numbers till 100. So the current number is 100 and next available number will be 101. If you set the current number as 200, then the next available number will be 201.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To