You want to capture Freight as planned cost during Purchase Order creation.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to New Purchase Order view.
- Input Supplier and click View all.
- Navigate to Items.
- Click Add Row.
- Input mandatory data Product ID, Ship-To/Service Location ID, Quantity, Price.
- You notice there is no option to provide Freight Cost as planned cost at the time of Purchase Order creation.
This is standard system behaviour and system works as designed.
As a workaround, you can capture Freight as Unplanned Cost at the time of Supplier Invoice creation. To do so,
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Navigate to Invoice Entry view.
- Search for Purchase Order ABC.
- Select Purchase Order ABC and Click New Invoice.
- Input all mandatory details like External Document ID, Invoice Date, Posting Date, External Document ID and Click View All.
- Navigate to Items Page.
- Add one additional line item to existing invoice Items and give product description as Freight/Landed Cost.
- Provide all mandatory details to this new invoice line items like Tax Code, Quantity, Net Price.
- Select new invoice line item & navigate to Cost Distribution.
- Check Distribute Additional Costs Proportionally to start the distribution of the freight costs to the regular supplier invoice items.
- Select Calculate Total Amounts from Actions drop down list.
- Check, Save and Post.
Note: If an invoice item is a service item, for which freight costs do not apply. To exclude this item from cost distribution, select the item and click Exclude Item from Cost Distribution. The system adjusts the distribution of the freight costs and distributes them among other invoice items only.
KBA , unplanned delivery cost , landing cost , delivery charge , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To