You cannot approve a purchase order due to the error: Purchase order approval not possible.
You haven't scoped purchase order self-approval in Business Configuration settings, it is not possible to approve your own purchase orders. However you are not the creator of the purchase order, hence you expect you should be able to approve it.
SAP Business ByDesign, all versions.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Managing My Area.
- Go to the view Work.
- Select Show Open Tasks.
- Mark the approval task and choose Approve.
You get the error Purchase order approval not possible.
You have been entered as Buyer Responsible in the General tab of the Purchase Order or as Requester in the Items tab. These fields are taken into considerations during the approval compliance checks of the document.
Another employee has to approve the Purchase Order. If required, the approval task can manually be assigned to a relevant employee. To do so, you can:
- Go to the work center Application and User Management.
- Go to the view Business Task Management.
- Find the task and mark it.
- Select Actions - Assign Item and enter the name of another user to set them as approver.
That user will find the approval task under the Approvals view of the Managing my Area work center.
Or, you need to scope the purchase order self approval in Business Configuration settings:
- Go to the work center Business Configuration.
- Go to the view Implementation Projects.
- Edit Project Scope.
- Go to step 4, Questions.
- Expand Purchasing, Purchase Request and Order Management, Purchase Orders.
- Scope the question "Do you want to allow self-approval for purchase order approvals?".
- Go to next step and click Finish.
After the setting activated, system will allow self-approval for purchase orders.
Purchase, Order, Approval, Error , KBA , purchase order , approval , po , requestor , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To