Once the project or project task is Started or Released the Organizational Assignments-> Responsible Unit cannot be changed anymore these will be read only. you can change Responsible Unit when the Project or project task is In Planning status.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Go to Projects view.
- Choose the Project XYZ (represents the project ID of a project in status Released).
- Choose Edit -> Project Plan button.
- Go to Accounting sub tab.
- Here you can see the Responsible Unit under Organizational Assignments is read only and you cannot change the Responsible Unit.
The Project or Project task is Started or Released we cannot change the Responsible Unit, once project or project task released they will be communicated to a lot of applications and objects FIN,HCM,SRM,CRM with responsible unit possibly the cost center so that any actuals Time recoding, expense, procurement, sales on the task would be linked with cost center. The reporting unit is directly linked to financial accounting object hence the system will not allow you to change the Reporting Unit once the project is released so changing the Reporting Unit would lead to inconsistencies at the integrated applications FIN so we cannot change.
System works as designed.
KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , How To