Once the project is Started or Released the Project Tasks ID and Project Phase ID cannot be edited or deleted anymore these will be read only. When the Project or project task in In Planning these fields will be enable.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Go to Projects view.
- Chhose the Project XYZ (represents the project ID)
- Edit the Project Plan of a project in status Released.
- Select a project task ID or project Phase ID.
- Here you cannot edit the project task ID or project Phase ID they are read only and the Delete button is disabled.
If the Project is Started or Released we cannot change or delete the project or project task IDs. Because when you set a project status to started or released, integration with other areas FIN,HCM,SRM,CRM is enabled along with responsible unit possibly the cost center so that any actuals Time recoding and expense on the task would be linked with cost center etc...
So changing or deleting of project, project task ID and project phase ID would lead to inconsistencies at the integrated areas so we cannot change or delete the project.
System works as designed.
When a project status is on hold, stopped, or closed, the system automatically disables the integration with other business processes like posting a shopping cart, purchse request, Purchse order, time and expense recording , sales order to it.
Note that a closed or stopped Project Tasks ID can be easily re-opened though.
Delete project , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To