The error message GTIN XYZ not valid for UoM ABC; checksum digit is not correct is seen while trying to add a GTIN in the UoM Chanracteristics of a material.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center
- Go to Materials view
- Find and Select the concerned material
- Select the Edit button
- Select the View All button
- Under the General Tab, navigate to the UoM Characteristics tab
- Either Add Row with a GTIN for a new Material - UoM combination (ABC), or edit an existing GTIN with value XYZ
- Press Enter.
The check digit (last digit) for Global Trade ID Number are calculated by summing the odd position numbers and multiplying by 3, then adding the sum of the even position numbers. The final digit of the result is subtracted from 10 to calculate the check digit (or left as is if already zero).
The error is caused because the GTIN you supplied, XYZ is not in adherence to the above calculation.
Maintain the GTIN with check digit as per the mentioned calculation.
KBA , gtin , checksum digit , SRD-MD-PRD-PRD , Product , How To