You want to create a custom data source or report based on the Projects, Snapshots: Earned Values (PROPRJU06) data source but when you try to do so via the Business Analytics work center then Design New Data source or New report you are unable to find such data source from the list.
Reproducing the Issue
- Business Analytics work center then Design Data Sources view
- Select New then one of the below option:
- Combined Data Source
- Joined Data Source
- For Data Source name field you enter, in this case, Projects, Snapshots: Earned Values (PROPRJU06).
You notice that the data source is not there and the following is shown: No search result.
The system behavior is as designed.
This system behaviour is as designed. In fact, the reason why you don’t see the data source Projects, Snapshots: Earned Values (PROPRJU06) from the Design data sources view or when you try to create a report is because it is not made public and consequently not available for customisation.
We may also recommend to refer to the Data Sources Documentation or the Characteristic index documents to check if there are additional data sources which you may use. These documents are available via the help or Business Center.
In case you need such functionality you may consider the below approaches:
- If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
- An alternative option may be to check the SAP Business ByDesign Ideas Forum to submit an idea: https://ideasbydesign-en.ideascale.com/.
- You may also use the SAP Business ByDesign forums, available at: (https://www.sme.sap.com/irj/sme/community/collaboration/forums) for questions of this nature.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To