An Employee in your system was terminated by mistake.
Now, you want to bring them back into the system as they were in the system prior to termination
In such a situation, the option to reinstate the employee is available during rehire through Personnel Administration work center.
The following will bw the steps to do so:
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center.
- In the Employees view, select the terminated employee.
- Under the list of Actions button, selet the Rehire Employee option.
- Feed the same data as the earlier records and ensure the check the Reinstatement option under Special Conditions.
- Also ensure that the Hire Date selected is one day after the Last Termination Date.
- Save and Close.
Having performed the above steps, there would still be the record of the terminate-rehire transaction, however the re-instatement option ensures correct handling of time-dependent compensation data for the rehired employee.
This is also mentioned in the help document: Employee Life Cycle under section 4.Rehiring an Employee.
KBA , AP-CR-CR , Customer Requirement , How To