You migrated purchase orders/purchasing contracts from your legacy system via the activity Migration of Purchase Orders/contracts in the Integrate and Extend phase for your current Implementation Project. For the Source Files, the Product Description appears in Language A (e.g. English). However in the migrated Purchase Orders, the Product Description appears in Language B (e.g. German) even when you are logged in using Language A.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Configuration
- Go to the view Implementation Projects
- Select the current relevant project and choose Open Activity List
- Go to the tab Integrate and Extend then search for the activity Migration of Purchase Orders
- Choose Open and select Migrate purchase orders using the migration tool
- Under Source Files, choose Show: Completed Files.
- Mark the relevant File Name and navigate to the tab Items-Data under Details
- You see that the description is in Language A (e.g English)
- Log in with a user in English
- Go to the work center Purchase Requests and Orders
- Go to the view Purchase Orders.
- Find a migrated Purchase Order and choose Edit
- Go to the tab Items.
- The Product Description is in Language B (e.g.German)
- Similarly, Go to Sourcing and Contracting work center
- Select Contracts
- Open any migrated contract
- Product Description is in language B (e.g. German)
The Product Description displayed on Purchase Order Item or in Contracts is not retrieved from the Product Master Data at run time. Instead, the description is copied from the Product Master to the Purchase Order Item during the creation of the purchase order in the language in which you are logged in. Even if the Description is in English in the Migration Template, the system will take into consideration the language you are logged in during migration. If you are logged in Language B (e.g. German) during migration, the description will always be in German even if logged in English.
This approach was chosen to improve the performance and to avoid to re-fetch the data from the product master data every time the purchase order is displayed.
You need to log in the target language before starting the upload of the migrated purchase orders/contracts.
Migrated Purchase Orders Migrated Contracts Product Description Language , KBA , chinese , ducth , french , spanish , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To