You cannot post a supplier invoice due to the error: Item X: Mandatory field for type XYZ missing. You are unable to change the Cost Distribution for the Items.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Supplier Invoicing.
- Go to the view Invoice Entry.
- Mark the relevant Purchase Order and choose New Invoice.
- Fill in all mandatory data and choose Check or Post.
- You get the error: Mandatory field for type XYZ missing.
- Go to the tab Items and sub-tab Cost Distribution.
- You cannot edit the Account Assignment for the item.
XYZ is the Account Assignment Type. For example Cost Center, Project Task, General Ledger Account only, Individual Material, Sales Order, Service Order, Customer Contract, Profit Center, ...
A possible field you would need to enter is Employee ID, Cost Center ID, G/L Account, ...
In the Business Configuration, Fine-Tuning Activity Account Assignment Types, you made an Account Assignment field mandatory for the particular Account Assignment Type. At the time you created the Purchase Order, this field was optional and was left blank. Upon creating the Supplier Invoice, the Account Assignment information are copied from the purchase order and cannot be edited. The invoice is inconsistent due to the missing value for the field.
In the Fine-Tuning activity Account Assignment Types, make the field optional temporarily, post the pending affected invoices and then revert the change.
- Go to the work center Business Configuration.
- Select the activity Account Assignment Types.
- Mark the relevant Account Assignment Type.
- Under Account Assignment, select "2 - Optional" for the field under Data Input Control.
- Post the pending affected invoices and revert the change in the Business Configuration.
KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , How To